Thursday, May 5, 2011

Geronimo! A Reply from Toyota! Albeit not a great one - BUT VERY IMPORTANT, THE REPLY IS WITHOUT PREJUDICE

 -After Writing to Toyota on Numerous occasions, I received this response yesterday:

Dear Sir Without Prejudice


Please excuse the delay we had network cable problems in this area of Sandton and our e-mail got delayed. Yesterday morning our Customer Contact Centre brought to my department's attention your e-mail and your frustration.

My department is responsible for the environmental performance of dealers that are authorised by Toyota SA Motors to trade in Toyota vehicles and services. We do not own any dealerships. We have contractual agreements in place with all Authorised Toyota Dealers as far as the environmental compliance of the dealer is concerned at the premises of the dealership. Our authority is basically limited to the Toyota or Automark dealership operation. Should they operate a filling station or fast food outlet on the premises we have very little authority over such outlet.

Your mail to us is a little confusing because you refer to "Rand Stadium Toyota" and you give the address as the corner of Johannesburg Road and Drome Road. I assume that you refer to the Toyota dealership at 69 Johannesburg Road. There is no Toyota dealership at the corner of Johannesburg and Drome. According to my records there has never been a Toyota dealership at this address and Toyota has not agreed to moving any dealership to this address.

Directly after receiving your mail I drove to 69 Johannesburg Road and inspected their premises - without prior notice to their staff. Everything at the premises seemed to be in order. I noted some building activity at the Engen filling station in front of the dealership but everything seemed to be in order. The dealership plans to expand and upgrade their premises away from Johannesburg Road onto the premises next door. This site seems to be in good condition as well. Apart from improvements to the filling station forecourt, the building process has not started yet. I did not see any rubble, building material or waste types that could contribute to rodent or mosquito infestation.

I noted that various other sites in the area contain rubble, waste,tyres, building material, ponds and informal businesses that most certainly contribute towards rodent and mosquito infestation. I noted several rats. It is rather risky to publically accuse the Toyota dealer of causing or contributing to the problem. Your blogspot may negatively impact the rights of the Toyota dealer or Toyota SA Motors. I would prefer if you could make corrections or close the blogspot completely.

Yours sincerely


Charles Classen
Senior Manager New Service Projects
(Dealer Environmental Risk Audit Program)
Toyota SA Motors
+27 (0) 11 809 2767 (t)
+27 (0) 11 809 2944 (f)
cclassen@tsb.toyota.co.za 



My Reply:


Dear Mr Classen, John Robbie, Amanda Watson (Eastern Tribune), Willow View Residents and Tibidabo Residents and Councillor Wolder

If you study all of the material on the blog - http://randstadiumtoyota.blogspot.com and I suggest that you spend some time on it, you will clearly understand that I have my facts correct.

The dealership up the road is (via Supergroup) the owner of the site in question.  Up until last month there was a sign (clearly shown on the blog) advertising that this site is going to be the new home for Rand Stadium Toyota.

It seems as if you were inside the site to inspect it.

What you did not notice is the Toyota Stock sitting on the warehouse.

I will post your mail on my next blog entry.

I have mailed Toyota Head-office on numerous occassions since around 2007 to present and you happen to be the first to have the decency to respond, so I beg you not to blame the lack of reply on cable theft or communication issues, The responsibleToyota  employees have simply chosen to ignore the mail.

I will NOT remove this blog until such time as the issues are resolved by Toyota.

1 comment:

westbury truck said...

I think this delay doesn't matter the important thing Toyota admitted this by his own before any claim.